GlossyBox, an original UK-based subscription box and now available in the US, recently had a limited edition Wedding-themed Glossy Box. I snagged a few for gifts and for myself, and was excited to see the goodies they had to share. The collection contained full-size products that would be perfect for the big day to keep yourself polished and looking pretty- from nails to glowing skin to gorgeous lashes. Here's what I got:
* Babor Mineral Bronzing Pearls- unlike a lot of pressed powders for bronzing, these mineral beads can help create the perfect shimmer for a gorgeous complexion. This retails for $20 and from what I can see, it will last for a looong time.
* BeautyBird Nail Polish- a cute light pink shade is perfect for everyday and the big day! It's appropriately named, "Yes, I Do!"
* Emite Make Up sponges- these soft sponges can be used for any liquid cream, foundation, or blush for a smooth, even coverage. Also perfect for under the eyes. I've personally been using brushes for a while, but these are great for pressing makeup into your skin.
* Naobay Moisturizing Facial Peel- Get your skin ready for the BIG DAY with this facial peel. Recommended to get facials at least 6 months before the day to slough off dead skin cells; this was gentle enough to use even a few days before the big day.
* Biolage Exquisite Oil Replenishing Treatment- Hair Oil is how I see this, and what a great one to give it some shine and boost!
You've got pretty much everything covered in this box and all you need is that cute accessory for your shoes! These cute shoe bows can be worn for any party and make a black shoe pop with this cute bow.
Not subscribed to GlossyBox yet? Check them out today!
Thursday, August 29, 2013
Wednesday, August 28, 2013
Calling all beauty and fashion bloggers!! The iFabbo Social Media Conference is taking place on October 12th in San Francisco's Merchants Exchange Club. If you live in the area or able to travel to SF for the weekend, then you should definitely check out this event! A ticket to this exclusive event includes access to the whole day conference, cocktail party in the evening and a goodie bag (worth more than $200!).
Conferences are a great way to meet & network with other bloggers in the industry, learn how to improve your own blog, and get tips from the experts. Topics for this Saturday include:
- Monetizing your blog: Work smarter, not harder.
- Photography/Videography: Tips & tricks of the trade to better images and videography.
- PR: How to create an impressive press kit/media kit/develop better agency/brand relationships.
- Increasing reach and followers: The “How to” from all the major social media platforms.
- The legal zone: FTC rules, updates, trademarks & copyright.
- The future of fashion & beauty in the digital space.
Learn more about the conference here.
Sunday, August 18, 2013
Palettes are my makeup must-haves! They offer you choices and color combinations any artist would want! I was recently gifted some amazing loot (which I can't wait to share) and one of the items included this mark On The Dot eye color compact. This 2 x 3 inch compact has 9 gorgeous pastel colors.
The pigmentation for the colors are great and add a nice pop of color to your everyday neutrals. :) They're a bit shimmer though so adding as a liner or a subtle blend works best for an office-look. Going out? Smoke it with the steel blue/grey on bottom right and pop it with the lime green!
I've been a fan of Weleda since I discovered their Skin Food lotion ages ago. It was a miracle lotion that healed my dry skin and since then I have been hooked! I came to try more of their products through subscription boxes and blogger events. After looking through my stash, I found two more hidden gems! I obviously kept them for safe keeping and they were my backups- of course!
The Firming Serum is a nice to use after-a-faux-facial-at-home treatment to keep your skin even more tightened and at its best. The Firming Eye Cream is also great for those fine lines and helps protect your sensitive skin around your eyes. Now that these are out of hiding, can't wait to keep using this! It's a discovery kind of Sunday!
What will you discover in your beauty closet today?
Saturday, August 17, 2013
My August Birchbox was a nice mix of samples that I could keep using throughout the season. Themed "Finishing School", this box's focused on items that should polish your look. At first glance in my box, I couldn't help but notice the dark red, Beso- to be exact, shade liquid lipstick by Stila. A good sized lipstick for a color meant to wear on bold occasions. Next, I went straight to the derma e Hydrating Mist and spritzed some onto my face. It can be used to set and refresh makeup as well as to hydrate a bare face and body.
Of course I was curious about the other two products- Whish exfoliating body wash in a yummy Coconut Milk scent and Evolvh UltraShine Moisture Conditioner. Jumped in the shower later in the evening to test my new bath goodies. The Whish was a delight and was a nice scrub and the conditioner seemed to work as well. Will give it a few more tries before I make my final verdict.
Can't wait until next month's Birchbox!!
designer average badescu bare beauty blogs carrot celebrities check color deals comments cosmetics embrace escentuals fashion favorite free handle labels line lipstick looks makeup mario mcqueen mineral people posted powder products quiz razor read review sale sample sephora shipping skin smashbox store target tips Beauty and All That valentine venus week weekend york
created at TagCrowd.com